DELIVERY LEAD TIMES
We pride ourselves in providing an end-to-end service from store to your home. To achieve this we have our own delivery vehicles and team in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Your location and order size will impact cost and speediness we can get your order to you. Provided all items are in stock, delivery lead times are as follows:
CITY OF CAPE TOWN METRO
BUFFILO CITY METRO
NELSON MANDELA BAY METRO
3 to 8 business days
CITY OF JOHANNESBURG & TSHWANE METRO
5 to 12 business days
6 to 14 business days
DELIVERY HANDLED BY BLOCK & CHISEL LOGISTICS (Cape Town & Johannesburg only)
- Your items will be delivered inside your home, where we’ll carefully unpack and inspect each item, and provide assembly and placement. For added convenience, all packing materials will be removed. We endeavor to handle our own delivery as much as possible.
- We do our best to accommodate our clients however please note that we do not offer hoisting, over walls or up the exterior of a building. As well as this we do not carry furniture beyond the 3rd floor unless an elevator is available. We are a brand that prides itself on goodwill and part of this is offering to place a piece in your desired room, this is not a responsibility of ours. We are unable to move personally owned pieces of furniture around a home; the space for your Block & Chisel piece should be cleared before we arrive.
- We ask that you inspect your delivery and provide a signature upon receipt. When ordering, please provide a daytime number to arrange a delivery appointment.
DELIVERY HANDLED BY OUR LOGISTICS PARTNERS
- To meet our delivery requirements outside our reach in the best way possible, we use preferred service providers we have selected and entrusted who deliver anywhere within South Africa and Internationally.
- Delivery will be curbside, that is, to your front door only. For special delivery requirements, added services and quotes please contact our team on +27 (0)21 691 0878.
- For information on our returns policy please refer to our Sale Policy.
TRACKING YOUR ORDER
Our policy is to keep you informed. When your order is dispatched, we will contact you by email and/or SMS with the relevant tracking information so you can keep a close eye on your delivery. For larger orders consisting of bulky or fragile items, you will also receive a call from one of our professional furniture removalists to confirm a suitable time for delivery.
Deliveries for non-bulky and non-fragile goods are to your front door only. For bulky or fragile goods we believe your purchase deserves a special degree of handling and care. To ensure this we use professional furniture removalists who call to confirm a time for delivery and take extra care throughout the entire process. Your item/s will be hand unloaded and carefully placed in your home or office by two professionals. This service does not include unpacking or rubbish removal.
PICKING UP YOUR ORDER
- Any order can be collected from our Cape Town Warehouse at no extra charge.
- Click here to view our warehouse and showroom pickup locations.
- Please note: We do not carry all our stock in any of our showrooms. If you would like to pickup items from a Block & Chisel showroom, this will need to be pre-arranged and is subject to stock availability.
- On the item-listing page, under the Buy Now button there is provision to enter your postcode and quantity to get an estimate of shipping costs to your area. If our shipping calculator is unable to work out your shipping, please call our customer service team on +27 (0)21 691 0878 to obtain a price for delivery.
- All deliveries have freight charges calculated depending on the size of the order (some orders must be delivered by a 2 or 3 man crew for safety reasons and to ensure you receive the best service possible) and the delivery address. We pay a premium to our professional furniture removalists to ensure the best service possible. You may pickup your order free of charge from our Cape Town Warehouse provided the stock is available.
- Please note: Due to Health & Safety requirements, this service is available for non-bulky items only.
We provide an unconditional return policy on furniture purchased from our website excluding lighting. If for any reason whatsoever you are not satisfied, please return in original, unmarked condition and packaging within 3 days for a full refund less freight. Unwanted items must be returned to the following address in full original packaging:
Please download the following Returns Form and attach to each box being returned: Returns Form
Once we receive the returned products, we will issue your refund within 72 hours.
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY
- All shipments contain valuable goods. Because of this, our carriers are contracted to produce a Proof of Delivery.
- If you are comfortable with having your order left without the carrier obtaining a signature, please indicate this in the special instructions box when placing your order online or via email.
- We are unable to accept any responsibility for your order once delivered if you select this option.
IF YOU WILL NOT BE HOME TO ACCEPT DELIVERY
If you are comfortable with having your order left without the carrier obtaining a signature, please indicate this in the special instructions box when placing your order online. Should you choose this option, please note that we take no responsibility for orders left unattended.
Unless otherwise stated, Block & Chisel furniture is assembled. If not, all our products include simple step-by-step instructions on how to assemble. Please call our customer service line on +27 (0)21 691 0878 if you require information regarding specific item assembly. We do offer a premium assembly service for metro areas. A Block & Chisel representative will go to your home or office, unpack and assemble your goods, and remove any rubbish. Please contact our customer service team on +27 (0)21 691 0878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
We accept the following methods of payment:
Visa / MasterCard / American Express / Diners Club
- DIRECT DEPOSITS
Account Name: BLOCK & CHISEL
Account No: 072524979
Branch Code: 025109
Reference No: Please use your order confirmation number
All payments are in ZAR.
Please note: Goods will not be dispatched until full payment has been received by Block & Chisel.
All prices in our catalogues and online are priced in ZAR and are inclusive of VAT. Availability, prices and delivery rates are subject to change. There may be errors in the prices, descriptions or images of certain merchandise, and we must reserve the right to restrict orders of those items.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Block & Chisel is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavor to make sure all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. In the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfill your order we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
All shipping costs are exclusive of insurance costs, please specify this when dealing with transport.
At the request of the customer, Block & Chisel offers free assembly of products and placement in your home at the time of delivery. The assembly and placement are subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale. Block & Chisel will not be liable to compensate the customer for any damages sustained by the customer whilst the products are being installed or assembled.
CONDITION OF DISPLAYED PRODUCTS
If the subject matter of the sale is the particular product that is on display in the Block & Chisel showroom as viewed by the customer, then the product is sold to the customer in the specific condition in which it is and the customer agrees to accept the relevant product in that condition.
When purchasing from Block & Chisel your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy please contact our customer support email@example.com
PRICING AND PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
We exercise great caution in trying to avoid errors in pricing and product information. If such mistakes occur, we reserve the right to correct them. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Block & Chisel reserve the right to change the units available for the Daily Deal promotion at any time throughout the duration of the promotion.
Block & Chisel shall keep all personal information you give us as strictly confidential and no personal information shall be made available to third parties, unless obliged to do so by law or legal process.
Block & Chisel may send email messages to its customers with news and users may, by return mail, indicate whether they would prefer not to receive any such mail in future.
All Block & Chisel Gift Vouchers are redeemable for merchandise only and must be used in store. Gift Vouchers cannot be used online or over the phone.
SOUTH AFRICAN DELIVERIES
We deliver all over the country. Furniture in stock will be delivered as fast as possible. Block & Chisel orders, which need to be produced at our workshop, will take between 4 to 8 weeks (please allow for an additional 2 weeks for JHB areas) depending on the piece. Orders are delivered Monday - Friday.
For areas outside Cape Town and outside Johannesburg, these will be quoted on beforehand.
If you would like to ship goods overseas, we can assist. Please contact our online service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +27 (0)21 691 0878. We also offer assistance if you require filling a container to all over the world.
Block & Chisel products we make are always available subject to a 4 to 8 week lead-time. End of the year holidays as prescribed by the unions, require us to close our order book from the 31st of September and re open on the 16th of January. We do hold stock of our range so please inquire during the shutdown period anyway. Imported items are available on first come first serve basis. We change our ranges and products continually to keep the look fresh and unique without compromising quality.
FURNITURE DELIVERY RATES
- Deliveries will be charged based on your delivery area. In addition, most of these items include delivery to your home, where we’ll carefully unpack and inspect each item, and provide assembly. For your convenience, all packing materials will be removed.
- We try our best to accommodate our clients needs however please note we do not offer hoisting of furniture, over walls or up the exterior of buildings, nor do we carry any items beyond the 3rd floor unless an elevator is available. However please note we do not have a responsibility to deliver the item to a desired room as this is out of goodwill should it be done.
These are sent free of charge unless you require an urgent next day delivery, which will be quoted on.