DELIVERY LEAD TIMES
We pride ourselves in providing an end-to-end service from store to your home. To achieve this we have our own delivery vehicles and team in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Your location and order size may impact the cost and time in which we can get your order to you. Provided all items are in stock, delivery lead times are as follows:
PLEASE NOTE: ALL items purchased during our Black Friday Sale have a Delivery Lead time of 10 to 14 Days. For more information read clause 6.5 in our Terms & Conditions.
CITY OF CAPE TOWN METRO
BUFFALO CITY METRO
NELSON MANDELA BAY METRO
3 to 8 business days
CITY OF JOHANNESBURG & TSHWANE METRO
5 to 12 business days
6 to 14 business days
PLEASE NOTE: ALL items purchased during our Black Friday Sale have a Delivery Lead time of 10 to 14 Days.
DELIVERY HANDLED BY BLOCK & CHISEL LOGISTICS - ( PREMIUM SHIPPING, Cape Town & Johannesburg only )
- Your items will be delivered to your home, where we’ll carefully unpack and inspect each item, and provide assembly and placement where needed. For added convenience, all packing materials will be removed. We endeavor to handle our own deliveries as much as possible.
- We do our best to accommodate our clients however please note that we do not offer hoisting of any nature. We do not carry furniture beyond the 3rd floor unless an elevator is available that can accomodate the furniture. We are a brand that prides itself on goodwill and part of this is offering to place a piece in your desired room, this is not a responsibility of ours. Due to safety and risk management we are unable to move personally owned pieces of furniture around a home.We would encourage you to clear the space for your Block & Chisel piece before it is delivered.
- We ask that you inspect your delivery and provide a signature upon receipt. When ordering, please provide a daytime number to arrange a delivery appointment.
DELIVERY HANDLED BY OUR NATIONAL LOGISTICS PARTNERS - ( PRIME VALUE & STANDARD SHIPPING )
- To meet our delivery requirements outside our reach in the best way possible, we use preferred service providers we have selected and entrusted who deliver anywhere within South Africa
- Our National delivery partners are only able to offer delivery to your front door and will not assist in the removal of packaging or placement of the piece in your home. For special delivery requirements, added services and quotes please contact our team on +27 (0) 87 015 0181.
- For information on our returns policy please refer to our Sale Policy.
DECEMBER HOLIDAY DELIVERIES
Premium Shipping: Operational
Block & Chisel trucks will be operational around Cape Town & Johannesburg during this period
Standard Shipping: Operational
Our logistics partner will be operational, albeit at less than full capacity. Please note that this does not include large items such as cupboards and sofas
Prime Value Shipping: Closed (14 Dec to 10 Jan)
Ideal for larger orders and bulk items like cupboards and sofas. Orders placed during the closed period will be dispatched on the 10th of January
TRACKING YOUR ORDER
Our policy is to keep you informed. When your order is dispatched, we will contact you by email and/or SMS with the relevant tracking information so you can keep a close eye on your delivery. For larger orders consisting of bulky or fragile items, you will also receive a call from one of our professional furniture removalists to confirm a suitable time for delivery.
Deliveries for non-bulky and non-fragile goods are to your front door only. For bulky or fragile goods we believe your purchase deserves a special degree of handling and care. To ensure this we use professional furniture movers who call to confirm a time for delivery and take extra care throughout the entire process. Your item/s will be unloaded and carefully placed in your home or office by two professionals. This service does not include unpacking or rubbish removal.
PICKING UP YOUR ORDER
- We have two Pickup locations.
- The Cape Town Warehouse, No 7 Ottery Rd Philippi CLICK HERE
- The Johannesburg Warehouse, No 11 Charles Crescent, Sandton CLICK HERE
- Please note: We do not carry all our stock in any of our showrooms. If you would like to pickup items from a Block & Chisel showroom, this will need to be pre-arranged and is subject to stock availability.
- Please present your Invoice as well as proof of payment for the release of your goods
We do not offer storage facilties for purchased items. All items should be collected or delivered within 10 working days of purchase without exceptions.
- On the item-listing page, under the Buy Now button there is provision to enter your postcode and quantity to get an estimate of shipping costs to your area. If our shipping calculator is unable to work out your shipping, please call our customer service team on +27 (0)21 691 0878 to obtain a price for delivery.
- All deliveries have freight charges calculated depending on the size of the order (some orders must be delivered by a 2 or 3 man crew for safety reasons and to ensure you receive the best service possible) and the delivery address. We pay a premium to our professional furniture removalists to ensure the best service possible. You may pickup your order free of charge from our Cape Town Warehouse provided the stock is available.
- Please note: Due to Health & Safety requirements, this service is available for non-bulky items only.
We provide a return policy on furniture purchased from our website excluding lighting. If for any reason whatsoever you are not satisfied with your online purchase, please return in original, unmarked condition and packaging within 7 days for a full refund less the freight cost. Unwanted items must be returned to the following address in full original packaging:
Please download the following Returns Form and attach to each box being returned: Returns Form
Once we receive the returned products, we will issue your refund within 72 hours.
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY
- All shipments contain valuable goods. Because of this, our carriers are contracted to produce a Proof of Delivery.
- If you are comfortable with having your order left without the carrier obtaining a signature, please indicate this in the special instructions box when placing your order online or via email.
- We are unable to accept any responsibility for your order once delivered if you select this option.
IF YOU WILL NOT BE HOME TO ACCEPT DELIVERY
If you are comfortable with having your order left without the carrier obtaining a signature, please indicate this in the special instructions box when placing your order online. Should you choose this option, please note that we take no responsibility for orders left unattended.
Unless otherwise stated, Block & Chisel furniture is assembled. If not, all our products include simple step-by-step instructions on how to assemble. Please call our customer service line on +27 (0)21 691 0878 if you require information regarding specific item assembly. We do offer a premium assembly service for JHB and CPT metro areas. A Block & Chisel representative will go to your home or office, unpack and assemble your goods, and remove any packaging. Please contact our customer service team on +27 (0)21 691 0878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We accept the following methods of payment:
Visa / MasterCard / American Express / Diners Club
- DIRECT DEPOSITS
Account Name: BLOCK & CHISEL
Account No: 072524979
Branch Code: 025109
Reference No: Please use your order confirmation number
All payments are in ZAR.
Please note: Goods will not be dispatched until full payment has been received by Block & Chisel.
All prices in our catalogues and online are priced in ZAR and are inclusive of VAT. Availability, prices and delivery rates are subject to change. There may be errors in the prices, descriptions or images of certain merchandise, and we reserve the right to restrict orders of those items.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Block & Chisel is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavor to make sure all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. In the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfill your order we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
All shipping costs are exclusive of insurance costs, please specify this when dealing with transport.
At the request of the customer, Block & Chisel offers free assembly of products and placement in your home at the time of delivery. The assembly and placement are subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale. Block & Chisel will not be liable to compensate the customer for any damages sustained by the customer whilst the products are being installed or assembled.
CONDITION OF DISPLAYED PRODUCTS
If the subject matter of the sale is the particular product that is on display in the Block & Chisel showroom as viewed by the customer, then the product is sold as seen. The customer agrees to accept the relevant product as seen instore.
When purchasing from Block & Chisel your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology making your purchase with us safe and trustworthy. If you have any questions regarding our security policy please contact our customer support email@example.com
PRICING AND PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
We exercise great caution in trying to avoid errors in pricing and product information. If such errors do occur, we reserve the right to correct them. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Block & Chisel shall keep all personal information you give us as strictly confidential and no personal information shall be made available to third parties, unless obliged to do so by law or legal process.
Block & Chisel may send email messages to its customers with news and users may, by return mail, indicate whether they would prefer not to receive any such mail in future.
All Block & Chisel Gift Vouchers are redeemable for merchandise only and must be used in store. Gift Vouchers cannot be used online or over the phone.
SOUTH AFRICAN DELIVERIES
We deliver across the country. Furniture in stock will be delivered as fast as possible.
Areas which fall outside of Cape Town and Johannesburg metros will be quoted on beforehand and will be serviced by our trusted partners.
We offer international shipping though our preferred shipper Britannia. Please contact Shariefa, firstname.lastname@example.org or on +27 (0) 87 015 0181 for an international shipping quote or more information.
All of our pieces are available on first come first serve basis. We change our ranges and products continually to keep the look fresh and unique without compromising quality.
FURNITURE DELIVERY RATES
- Deliveries will be charged based on your delivery location. Once delivery is accepted we will carefully unpack and inspect each item, and provide assembly. For your convenience, all packaging materials will be removed.
- We try our best to accommodate our clients needs however please note we do not offer hoisting of any nature. For safety and risk management we are unable to carry any items beyond the 3rd floor unless an elevator is available. We will assist in the placement of your new piece however we are not available to assist in the removal or placement of items which were not purchased at Block & Chisel.
Our vouchers can be purchased online, once payment has been recieved you should recieve it within 24HRS.