BLOCK & CHISEL BLACK DOT SALE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Black Dot Sale by Block & Chisel will take place on 24th and 25th November 2023.
Save up to 70% on selected items during the Black Dot Sale.
Stock availability is limited and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
The availability of sale items may vary between physical stores and the online platform.
NON-REFUNDABLE SALE ITEMS
All sale items purchased in-store during the Black Dot Sale are non-refundable.
No returns or exchanges will be accepted for in-store sale items.
Online sales have a return period of 7 working days.
Delivery for Black Dot Sale items will take approximately 10-14 working days.
The delivery period is an estimate and may be subject to change based on unforeseen circumstances.
The Black Dot Sale is subject to stock availability, and Block & Chisel reserves the right to modify or cancel the sale at any time without prior notice.
Block & Chisel is not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in product descriptions, pricing, or images during the Black Dot Sale.
Online purchases are subject to the terms and conditions of Block & Chisel's online platform.
By participating in the Black Dot Sale, customers agree to abide by these terms and conditions. Block & Chisel reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at its discretion.
- "Company" means Block & Chisel PTY(Ltd) trading as Block & Chisel, or its successor.
- "Customer" means the party who or which purchases the Products from the Company, and includes the Customer's representatives, agents, successors and permitted assigns.
- CPA" means the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- "Contract" means any contract or agreement arising out of the acceptance of any offer, whether that contract arises out of an offer made by the Company and accepted by the Customer, or an offer made by the Customer and accepted by the Company, and includes the terms and conditions of any agreement between the parties regarding installation, if applicable.
- "Products" means the products sold to the Customer by the Company which form the subject matter of the Contract.
- IMPORTANT NOTICES
- This document contains the terms and conditions on which the Company sells the Products or provides the services to Customers. If the Customer is a consumer for the purposes of the “CPA”, then the provisions of clauses 11.6.3 and 12.3 will not apply to the Customer for the provision of the services or the sale of the Products to the Customer by the Company.
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either of the Customer or the Company in terms of the CPA.
These standard terms and conditions form the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof, save insofar as any incidental documentation may be required for reference purposes to establish variables which are specific to a contract and are not recorded herein. No other terms or conditions, whether express, tacit or implied shall apply to a contract irrespective of the circumstances under which the contract arose. No alteration or variation of these terms and conditions shall be of any force or effect unless and until recorded in writing and signed by the Company and the Customer. All provisions and the various clauses of this contract are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision or clause of this contract which becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity illegality, unlawfulness or for any other reason whatsoever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as not forming part of the contract and the remaining provisions and clauses of this contract shall remain of full force and effect.
- Quotations submitted by the Company will, unless otherwise stated therein, be capable of acceptance so as to bring into existence a contract, within a period of 7 (seven) days from the date of the relevant quotation, where after it will be subject to withdrawal and/or alteration by the Company.
- The Company’s distributed publications are maintained as sources of general information and are not binding in any way.
- All prices quoted include VAT, charges for installation of the Products, surcharge and delivery, unless otherwise stated therein.
- Notwithstanding clause 4.1 above and clause 5.1 below, quoted prices in respect of Products may be increased by the Company at any time, prior to delivery, in the event of -
- a change in the Customer's order;
- where the Products are imported, in the event of an escalation in any importation costs, including without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, the foreign exchange rate, raw materials and costs of carriage;
- Where quoted prices specifically include installation charges, such charges may be increased at any time prior to commencement of installation, due to an increase in labour charges, transportation, equipment or insurance costs or due to a revision or variation by the Customer of the installation project.
- An increase in quoted prices will be communicated to the Customer within a reasonable period of time from the time that the Company becomes aware of the increase.
- ACCEPTANCE OF CONTRACT
- A contract shall come into existence when the Customer provides the Company with written notice of its acceptance of any quotation given by the Company, within 7 (seven) days thereof, or when the Company accepts in writing any order for the Products placed by a Customer.
- The Customer's order or acceptance of a quote is binding on the Customer and in the event that the Customer cancels the order or accepted quote, the Company may charge the Customer a reasonable cancelation fee.
- Notwithstanding what is contained in clause 5.2, the Customer may not cancel an order or accepted quote where that quote or order relates to Products that the Company has been expressly or implicitly required or expected to procure, create or alter specifically to satisfy the Customer’s requirements.
- The Customer acknowledges that it is aware that the Company's sales- persons have no authority to vary these terms or conditions of sale and the Company assumes no liability and shall not be bound by any statements, warranties or representations made by such sales persons save as expressly stated in writing and signed by a manager or director of the Company, duly authorised.
- 5.5 The Customer may only cancel a contract if agreed thereto by the Company in writing and upon payment of reasonable charges based upon expenses already incurred and commitments made by the Company.
- PURCHASE PRICE & PAYMENT
- The purchase price of the Products shall be paid to the Company in full and without set-off upon presentation of the Company's tax invoice relating thereto.
- Should the Customer fail to make any payment on due date then all amounts owing by the Customer to the Company from whatsoever cause, whether or not the date for payment has arrived, will immediately become due and payable by the Customer and the Customer shall immediately forfeit all discounts of whatsoever nature which may have been expressly granted to it by the Company.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, any amount not paid on due date shall bear interest at a rate of 2% (two percent) above the publicly quoted basic rate of interest, compounded monthly in arrears and calculated on a 365 day year, from time to time published by First National Bank as being its prime overdraft rate, as certified by any representative of that bank whose appointment and designation it will not be necessary to prove, from due date until date of payment, both days included.
- In the event that a Customer is a foreign person and a fluctuation of more than 5% (five percent) occurs in the rate of exchange between the South African Rand and the currency applicable to the foreign Customer in any period of 30 (thirty) days, the Company shall have the right but not the obligation to increase the purchase price of the Products proportional to any such fluctuation, upon 7 (seven) days' written notice to the Customer.
- Black Friday offers are only applicable to orders that have taken place between the valid promotion dates and times and are subject to stock availability. Any purchases that occur before or after this period will not be subject to a discount. Deals will vary between stores and online. Purchases made during the Black Friday sale have a delivery lead time of 10 to 14 days.
- Unless otherwise quoted or agreed in writing, the Company is not responsible for delivering the Products and the Customer is responsible for all costs related to the delivery of the Product.
- The Customer acknowledges that delivery dates given in advance are estimated and will be made subject to prior orders on file with the Company. The Company will use its best endeavours to ensure that delivery is completed as soon as is reasonably possible after the estimated delivery date. Notwithstanding the aforegoing, the Company shall not be liable for failure to perform or delay in performance hereunder resulting from any cause beyond the Company’s control, fire, labour difficulties, transportation difficulties, interruptions in power supply (including but not limited to what may be termed "load shedding" or "black-outs") and delays in usual sources of supply, major changes in economic conditions, breakdown of machinery or any cause beyond the Company's control, or whether caused by negligence or otherwise. The provisions of clause 11.2 below shall apply hereto as if specifically amended.
- Subject to a quote or written agreement between the parties providing to the contrary, risk in and to the Products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery, regardless of whether or not the Company has agreed to effect installation of the Products.
- The Customer shall immediately upon receipt of the Products from the Company be allowed to inspect the Products and the Customer must inform the Company of any errors by way of written notice, to be received by the Company within 10 (ten) days of receipt of the Products by the Customer. Should the Customer fail to notify the Company of any claim the Customer may have in terms hereof within the specified 10 (ten) day period such failure shall constitute a complete waiver of any such claim.
- Any of the Products delivered to the Customer in error will only be considered for return by the Company provided that such Products are undamaged, have not been tampered with in any way and are not defaced in any way.
- If the Customer, due to some fault of its own, cannot accept or should it request the Company in writing to suspend or delay delivery of the Products, the Company reserves the right to claim any additional costs involved from the Customer.
- INSTALLATION AND ASSEMBLY
The Company is under no obligation to effect installation or assemble the Products at the premises of the Customer. However, if the Company agrees in writing, to effect installation or assembly of the Products, the following terms and conditions shall apply, unless otherwise agreed in writing:
- the Company may use any contractor or sub-contractor of its choice to effect installation or assembly;
- any deposit in respect of the installation or assembly, which may be requested by the Company will, in addition to any other rights which the Company may have in law, be forfeited by the Customer as liquidated damages in the event of a breach by the Customer of any of the terms of the contract;
- to the extent applicable, the Company shall not commence installation or assembly unless the area to which the Products will be installed or assembled has been prepared according to the specifications of the Company. The Company shall not be responsible for any delays or additional costs arising out of the failure of the Customer to procure that the relevant area complies with the specifications of the Company;
- the Company will use its best endeavors to ensure that installation or assembly is completed as soon as is reasonably possible after the date on which installation or assembly commences, but time for the completion of installation or assembly shall only be of the essence if a completion date is agreed in writing with the Company. Notwithstanding this, no responsibility will be accepted by the Company for delays due to forces beyond its reasonable control; and
- the Customer indemnifies and holds harmless the Company against any and all liability which may arise in the event of death or injury to, or pecuniary loss suffered by, any contractor, sub-contractor or employee of the Company in the course and scope of his/her employment in connection with the installation or assembly, as a result of the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Customer, its officers, employees or agents.
- No products will be granted to a Customer on “Appro”.
- Products sold are only eligible for a refund if returned within 72Hrs of invoice date or receipt of item, upon presentation of a receipt and on condition they are returned in their original saleable condition .After the 72Hr period has lapsed returns will be accepted at the Store Manager's discretion whereupon a store credit note will be issued.
- Notwithstanding what is contained in clause 9.2, the Customer may not return Products that have been discounted, are on sale or that the Company has been expressly or implicitly required or expected to procure, create or alter specifically to satisfy the Customer’s requirements.
Notwithstanding prior delivery and the passing of risk, ownership of and title to the Products shall remain vested in the Company until the purchase price, and any other amounts owing to the Company in respect of the Products or the installation thereof (if applicable), have been paid in full and without set- off, on which date ownership of the Products will be deemed to be transferred to the Customer. Until the date of transfer of ownership, the Customer will not do or omit to do anything which may adversely affect the Company's proprietary rights in and to the Products. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, the Customer shall notify its Landlord (if applicable) that the Products are owned by the Company. In addition, the Customer agrees that until the date of transfer of ownership, regardless of whether or not such Products have been installed, that the Products shall at all times remain separately identifiable regardless of whether the Products have been installed or not.
- The warranties listed below depends on the nature of the Product and will only be applicable if:
- the defect existed at the time of delivery and manifested during the warranty period;
- the defect did not arise due to normal wear and tear or misuse/abuse by the Customer;
- the Product is used for the purposes intended and in a domestic environment (unless the latter requirement is waived by the Company in writing);
- the Customer duly complied with the care and maintenance instructions;
- the Customer provides the original invoice;
- the Product is assembled in accordance with specifications;
- the defect does not relate to alterations contrary to the instructions or after leaving the control of the Company;
- any material information provided by the Customer, specifically insofar as the intended use of the Product is concerned, is complete or correct.
- Upholstered Furniture Warranty: 2 years from date of invoice in respect of the frame, craftsmanship and filling. The warranty does not extend to the fabric or leather used to upholster the product.
- Timber Warranty: 1 year from date of invoice in respect of frame and workmanship.
- Imported products Warranty: 1 year from date of invoice in respect of frame and craftsmanship and regardless of whether it is an upholstered product or not.
- Outdoor / All-weather Cane Range & Sunbrella Fabric and Inner Warranty: 2 years from date of invoice.
- Lloyd Loom Warranty: 2 years from date of invoice.
- The Company will not be liable to compensate the Customer for any damages sustained by the Customer whilst the Products are being repaired, nor shall it be liable for any other damages, including consequential damages, relating to the replacement or repair of the Products.
- Only in the event of the Consumer being a consumer for the purposes of the CPA, then: (a) in addition and concurrent to the warranty given in 10.1.2 above, the Products are supplied to the Consumer with a six month warranty of quality against defects (within the meaning of the CPA), and (b) unless the Customer has specifically informed the Company of the intended use of the Product, the Company does not warrant that the Products purchased by the Customer will be fit for the purpose that the Customer intends using the Products for.
- Other than the warranties stated herein, the Customer acknowledges that the Company has made no representations or warranties to the Customer in connection with the agreement prior to the agreement being made.
- The warranties listed below depends on the nature of the Product and will only be applicable if:
- In addition to any other specific exclusions of liability contained herein and unless otherwise expressly stated herein, the parties agree that the Customer shall have no claim against the Company for any loss or damage, of any nature, occasioned by any defect in any Products supplied, or any failure to provide adequate instructions in respect of any hazards that might arise from the use or incorrect use of the Products, save to the extent that the Consumer is a Consumer for the purposes of the CPA and such loss or damage is contemplated in section 61 of the CPA, and provided that nothing in these terms and conditions must be construed as in any way limiting the rights of the Company to raise such defences as may be available to it at common law or in terms of any statute.
- In the event that the Company provides advice regarding the application of the Products at the request of the Customer, the liability of the Company in respect of the non-suitability of the Products for the purpose for which they are used will be limited to the selling price of those Products./p>
- The Customer hereby indemnifies and holds the Company harmless against any losses, expenses, costs or damages of whatsoever nature incurred by the Customer arising from any wilful misconduct or gross negligence of the Company.
- Should the Customer fail to make payment upon due date of any amount due and owing, or commit any other breach of the terms of a contract, the Company shall be entitled, at its option without notice and without prejudice to any other right which it may have, including the right to claim damages arising out of the breach or the termination of the contract, to cancel such contract forthwith, and/or to declare all amounts owing by the Customer to be immediately due and payable; and/or to suspend the carrying out of any of its then uncompleted obligations until payment is made.
- No relaxation which the Company may have permitted on any occasion in regard to the carrying out of the Customer's obligations shall prejudice or be regarded as a waiver of the Company's rights to enforce those obligations on any subsequent occasion.
The Customer may not actually or purportedly cede, assign or otherwise alienate any rights or obligations which it may have in terms hereof or in terms of any contract with the Company, without the Company’s written consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld.
- NOTICES AND DOMICILIUM
- The parties hereto select as respective addresses for service of any documents the addresses set out in any order contemplated in terms hereof.
- Any written notices in respect of this contract shall be sent by telefax or delivered by hand and shall be deemed to have been received on the day of transmission or delivery, whichever is applicable.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- This agreement and any contract shall be subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- In terms of Section 45 of the Magistrates Court Act of 1944, as amended, the Customer hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court having jurisdiction in terms of Section 28 of the said Act in respect of any action to be instituted against the Customer by the Company in terms of the contract. It shall nevertheless be entirely within the discretion of the Company as to whether to proceed against the Customer in such Magistrates Court or any other court having jurisdiction.
- In the event of the Customer committing any breach of the contract or in the event of the Company being required to take any legal action, the Customer agrees and undertakes to pay the Company's legal costs as between attorney and own client including collection commission, tracing fees, valuation charges, transport costs and other expenses in connection therewith.
- In the event that the Customer is a juristic person, the signatory to this contract hereby unconditionally and irrevocably binds himself/herself to the Company as surety for and co-principal debtor of the Customer in respect of any and all of the Customer's duties and obligations under this contract, and renounces the benefit of the legal exceptions of excussion and division, non- indebtedness, error in calculation and revision of accounts, the force and effect of which he/she acknowledges himself/herself to be fully acquainted with.
- The person accepting these standard terms and conditions hereby warrants that he/she has due authority to enter this contract on behalf of the Customer.